Sunday, May 8, 2011

Meatless Monday...Guest Post



Welcome first time guest poster Tania from Love Big Bake Often. I found Tania and her blog as soon as I started blogging and have considered us virtual friends ever since. She is Canadian, married to an American; the exact opposite of me, an American married to a Canadian. The big difference is that her hubs is in the US Army and she spent most of last year as a single mom to her two adorable boys while her hubs was deployed. She believes in making everything from scratch and much like me shows love through the things she makes for her family. She'll be posting twice this week and I'm sure it will all be delicious!

Hi there! Tania here. I love guest posting, so when Jen asked me to help her out, I jumped on the chance. Jen was actually the first person who told me about Meatless Mondays, and since then I have been trying to participate as much as possible. Jason hopped on board as long as it wasn't too much tofu! Though I have to say that he has thoroughly enjoyed the tofu stir-fry that I have made for him and eats it with gusto. And I am always on the look out for new tofu recipes, so if you have one leave me a link would ya? Thanks.

I am a Quiche Lover! Jason wasn't so much a quiche lover when we met, but I think I have turned him into one. Yes, I see a trend here....there are a lot of things that Jason had never experienced before he met me. This is one quiche that I make often....and we love. For dinner, breakfast, lunch...it's good hot or cold.



Asparagus and Goat Cheese Quiche

Ingredients:

9' Unbaked Pie Shell (though I cheated on this one and used a store bought shell)

5 Large Eggs
1 Cup Whole Milk (or 1/2 milk, 1/2 Half n Half if you like it creamier)
1/2 cup shredded cheese (I like to use swiss)
8 - 12 oz Goat Cheese (crumbled)
3/4 cup Chopped Asparagus
1 tsp Salt
1/2 tsp pepper

Directions:

Preheat oven to 350 deg. Put empty pie shell onto a cookie sheet.

Steam asparagus for just 3 minutes to take the crunch off but not cook through....you don't want them soggy in your quiche. Let cool.

Mix milk and eggs together in a bowl, add salt and pepper and whisk together well.

Spread shredded cheese on the bottom of the empty pie shell. Then add the asparagus, and then the crumbled goat cheese on top. Slowly pour egg and milk mixture on top of everything.

Gently place cookie sheet into the oven and bake for 45 minutes or until center is fully set. Let sit for 10 - 15 min before slicing.

Serve with a side salad or fresh fruit. Devour.

Enjoy!

And thanks Jen for letting me guest blog! xo


No comments: