Monday, February 6, 2012

Superbowl Bites Recap


So I broke my everyday posting rule yesterday.  I didn't mean too, but between a ridiculous cold that got the better of me over the past week and prepping for the big game, there was just no time.

Then there was the outcome of the game, an outcome I was less that thrilled with, as anyone who reads my blog here would know.  So you could say I wasn't in the mood to share the treats I made yesterday.

So that's what you get today.  I actually didn't make anything from my round-up, but they are each bookmarked on the list or things to make.


Here's some things I did make:

Homemade Mini Pretzel Buns - they were easy and delicious and we the base to some delicious sliders that I topped McD's style with ketchup, mustard, pickles and onions.  Oh yeah and some cheddar cheese because I just couldn't go the the processed cheese route.

Buffalo Chicken Meatballs - I actually didn't taste them.  they came out during the second half and to say I was a bit stressed was an understatement.  But they were a hit and froze the leftovers to be incorporated sometime soon into a Buffalo Chicken Mac & Cheese.

Buffalo Blue Cheese Dip - this was actually leftover from when I made it earlier in the week

Caramelized Onion and Roasted Garlic Dip  - my fave

Homemade New England Clam Chowder - I came up with my own recipe which was delicious and will be shared very soon this week.  I had hoped it would bring my boys, some luck, but it was delicious nonetheless.

How was your Superbowl feast?  If you posted about it please share links in the comments. I'm a bit obsessed with game day food and love to hear what other people make.

No comments: